Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need a little help on getting pool up and running

1. Back To Top    #1

need a little help on getting pool up and running

Hey all. Ok, last fall our old liner bit the dust, and slowly leaked out some water before winter freeze. Then in the spring, the rest leaked out...all 25,000 gallons. (it's a 33 foot diameter pool).

Anyway, I have purchased a new (overlap) liner for it. I notice that where the water leaks were it washed away alot of the sand coping..and then 3 of the vertical columns sunk about 2 inches......So I need to raise those columns back up so they are level with the rest of the pool What is the best way to do that? Can I use a string level from across the pool to bring the low side back up to level? I want to be careful raising the vertical columns, so I don't knock the wall out of the lower retaining ring, etc etc.

Any help would be great!!

Dan
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need a little help on getting pool up and running

You should be able to lay a long level on the top rails.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Even with the pool empty, it is very heavy. You will find that out, especially if several posts sunk.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I realize that pools are heavy even without water... but that doesn't really answer the question.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, I'd use a long straight 2x4 edgewise and set a level on it. String level could work well too. Good luck!
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40

6. Back To Top    #6

You need to get to solid ground for the posts that lowered and I would use patio blocks to raise the levels back to where they were level.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

7. Back To Top    #7

A bunyip is probably cheaper than a long straight 2X4. I need advice on leveling my ground.

Lever the pool up and fill the low spots with decomposed granite or something and maybe a patio paver on top to spread the weight out.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

thanks folks...I just went out and bought a laser style Transit (sp) and it worked really really well. I think my pool wall is back to darn near perfectly level! I also did add blocks under those legs that settled, so the new liner is in now, and water trucks should be coming in the next couple hours.

9. Back To Top    #9

Smile Re: need a little help on getting pool up and running

well after a few days of some hard work, re-leveling verticals, and do some adjusting. Fixing the sand coping...the new Liner is in, and we are waiting on the water trucks to arrive.

10. Back To Top    #10

How'd you lift the wall to slide the pavers under?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    How'd you lift the wall to slide the pavers under?
    I have no idea how this person did it, but we once used an engine hoist and tow strap, with a 20' Intex UltraFrame. One of the dumbest ideas of our adult lives, but it actually worked great.
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.