Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intro: PoolingInKC

1. Back To Top    #1

Intro: PoolingInKC

Hi Forum!
    We live in Overland Park, KS and had our pool built in 2014. We upgraded our automation to a Pentair EasyTouch system with iPhone remote access this spring and are loving it. The only recurring issue I seem to have is water clouding up after heavy rains but normally that clears up fairly quickly. I've been reading the Pool School topics and the forums and this seems like a GREAT resource. I stumbled upon this after reading a review of a pool book on Amazon.com. The reviewer said save your $$ and go to TFP. He was right!!

Steven Woodard
    Overland Park, KS
    Last edited by PoolingInKC; 05-20-2016 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Removing pics that were too large
    24,600 Gal, IG freeform gunite w/vinyl liner, Triton II Sand Filter, Pentair 2.5 HP Whisperflow 2 speed,
    Pool completed May 2014, Spa, IntelliTouch Automation, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Prowler 820 robot cleaner,
    Testing with TF-100 Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intro: PoolingInKC

Welcome to TFP!!!

Feel free to post questions in the appropriate forum if any come up.

Just an FYI: To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Oops! I have been on forums that required these work arounds to post pics before - no problem......I'll adjust.

Here's one of the completed pool:

Last edited by PoolingInKC; 05-20-2016 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Added link
    24,600 Gal, IG freeform gunite w/vinyl liner, Triton II Sand Filter, Pentair 2.5 HP Whisperflow 2 speed,
    Pool completed May 2014, Spa, IntelliTouch Automation, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Prowler 820 robot cleaner,
    Testing with TF-100 Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, the pictures were there .... did you delete them now?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

And one of the build:

- - - Updated - - -

I just figured I'd get used to the Photobucket method since I already have a Photobucket account! Thanks for the tip.
    Testing with TF-100 Kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah, you'll want a kit because with those waterfalls and SWG your pH is going to constantly be going up up and away!

Pretty pool!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Saw the note in your signature about a test kit ... just wanted to let you know that if you become a supporter of TFP (possibly tax deductible) then you get a discount on the TF-100.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

Testing with TF-100 Kit.

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome from Blue Springs . You have a beautiful pool!
    16x36 inground pool - 8.5 deep, 3.5' shallow vinyl - Pentair VS 011018 Pump, Hayward 72 SQ FT Pro-Grid Vertical Grid In Ground Pool DE Filter, Easytouch 520705 (with IC40 SWG), Pentair Mastertemp 300 (460734)

10. Back To Top    #10

Welcome... Nice pool
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter