Upgrading to a Sand Filter

May 19, 2016
Omaha, NE
We are going to be purchasing the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2800 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI to upgrade from the 1000 gph pump that came with our 14x42 ABG Intex Ultra Frame Pool. I am trying to figure out how to connect it and what additional adaptors/hoses I might need. Our current setup has 2 inlet holes that connect with a T-joint then 1 line to the pump and 1 return. We have the intex swg as well. I understand the hoses for the sand filter are 1.5 diameter and I will likely need the adaptors, but I can't really figure out what I need exactly.

View attachment 48437

Here is what it will look like. Do I need 2 more hoses, 3 adaptors and a split hose plunger valve? I can not tell if the pum
p comes with plunger valves. Are they necessary? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I want to make sure I have all the right parts before we fill so we are ready to rock and roll:)
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.