Intex 12x24x52 Are the corners supposed to be off the ground?

leilag

May 11, 2015
Orangevale, CA
I have trolled the site for a year & a half now, & gleaned everything I could about the best install for this pool. We leveled the ground to the lowest spot, added about 1/2" of sand to smooth out, 18x18x2" cement pavers partially in ground (even with the coming foam boards) all level to each other within 1/2" or less, Intex tarp, 1" foam boards double taped with Gorilla tape, another tarp, then pool. It all looked good & we began filling. When the pool was about 4" from full I noticed that the corners do not sit on the ground, they are all lifted off the ground. I can slide my entire hand under them, & one corner I can slide my hand back even further. Is this normal? We have had 3 Intex pools, but all round, so this was never a question.
We noticed a leak in the corner seams (but that's another thread) so we stopped filling. Pool is coming down tomorrow, but would love an answer for the next fill.
Thank you!

Im no expert. But I installed the same pool last summer. My corners do not touch the ground either. But I think that's ok. From what I read when I set ours up, as long as the top of the concrete pavers the legs rest on are the same height, or close to the same height, as the area under the liner, you have done it correctly, as per the instructions. I think it should be set up as if you have placed the pool on a concrete slab. Everywhere should be the same level. That way, there is no uneccessay strain on the liner. If I understand correctly, as long as the area under the liner is not lower than the top of the pavers there should not be any added stress on the liner and its seams. Your set up should be fine, I would think.

My 16x32 is the same way... careful with those pavers though. Mine all broke

We had leaks on the seams, so we ended up returning. After we took it down, we had 1 paver cracked through the center. We were going to replace the one. But the new pool arrived & the 3rd leg we unpacked had a hole in the metal. Tired of defective junk &this pool has been such a struggle. We returned it & are going back to a 16'x48".
I did see that the corners were okay.
Thanks for your input!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.