Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand Filter - Is this a Pentair HRPB30?

1. Back To Top    #1

Sand Filter - Is this a Pentair HRPB30?

Hello,

Newbie here. Moved into a new home with a pool, and we've got sand in the pool. I've done quite a bit of talking around, replaced the backwash valve o-rings (twice), backwashed, and I think it's about time to tackle disassembling the tank to replace the sand, check the laterals, and basically check the insides of the filter. I don't know much about the history of this filter, so I'm just going to go for it. Needless to say, I'm a bit intimidated, but I think I can manage. I've got the full Pentair Sta-Rite Manual in hand and am ready to go. But man, this filter I have here sure looks different than the HRPB30 model on the manual. Can anyone confirm that this is in fact the Pentair HRPB30? Or am I working with a whole different filter? Lol. There seems to be no indication anywhere on the filter of the model. Shasta was the pool builder if that means anything... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sand Filter - Is this a Pentair HRPB30?

It appears to be that filter but more likely the HRPB24 since the top lid is not as tall. What is the OD of the top? Measure the diameter of the filter from above.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the response.

It ended up being the HRPB30 model (at least the large o-ring spec'd for the 30 model fit), but apparently they made some design changes and this is the older design. What a beast to work with, 32 bolts, good and rusted, all to change out the little screen filter and the top of the plastic tube.

4. Back To Top    #4

I bet! Even brand new that's a lot of nuts and bolts to deal with. Glad you got it figured out. Should help it run more smoothly now.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons