Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color Lights - Wide v Narrow

1. Back To Top    #1

South East USA

Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color Lights - Wide v Narrow

These lights have 'Wide' or 'Narrow/long' mode.
    The lens needs to be rotated 180 degrees to make the switch.

They ship with 'Wide' as the default. I installed one wth default, Wide, a couple weeks ago.

I like the light but am considering changing to 'Narrow' to bring some extra light to the shallow end.

However it's kind of a pain... I'll have to order a new gasket, remove light, go through the fiddly process, etc.

Have you made the change from wide to narrow (or the other way round)? What was your experience? Worth it?

~22,000 gallons, freeform, Pebbletec, beach entry AquaRite SWCG v1.33 Jandy Lite2 heater 1.5 hp pump for main draw, skimmer and Hayward sand filter 1.5 hp booster pump for Paramount PCC2000 in-floor cleaner, skimmer, debris containment canister, and waterfall Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED light in Pentair stainless wet niche Auto-fill deactivated

2. Back To Top    #2

Dallas, TX

Re: Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color Lights - Wide v Narrow

Mine is on wide and easily lights the far end of my 44,000 gallon pool.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Orlando, FL

I have two 5g lights on on each end for my 35' length pool under construction.

Read the manual about the wide or narrow beam. My PB has no idea or cares about changing the settings.
    Decided to keep settings on wide.
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Riverside, CA

I flipped one of mine and saw little difference. Not worth the effort in my opinion
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD

5. Back To Top    #5
    long beach

I flipped mine as well. it was new so I reused the gasket. No problems. No significant difference really.
    -Jimbo- My pool was full of dirt and trees. Now it's full of water and children!
    20k gallon inground pool, 18" raised spa 7' round, 8 jets, 3" spa plumbing. Pentair intelliflo 3hp vsp, Easy touch 4 w/ ic 40, CCP 420 cartridge filter, Raypak 407a w/ cupro nickel, Screen logic 2, Pentair intelliph, spa side remote, Pentair 5g color lights pool and spa, TF-100 test kit with speed stir and Dolphin Oasis Z5