Polaris Pump Will Not Prime

May 12, 2009
Hello:

I have another "won't prime" story. This is a stand alone pump that operates the Polaris cleaner. Intake in on the opposite side of the pool about 25 feet away about 4 feet down on the side with the Polaris connection port to the closer side of the pool but also about 25 feet away.

Pump will not prime. Used garden hose and /or bucket of water. The skimmer unit is a clear lid that screws down making it difficult to catch the thread and close quickly. I have let the hose run 15-20 minutes to try and fill the line. Water runs into the intake line and never has filled.

When I turn on the pump the remaining water in the basket goes down but does not prime. I have no valves to close down to operate on this system.

Had a problem with this for the last 2 years but finally got it started after about 20 tries last year. Something is not right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.