Perfect levels and oily film on top?

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
So I have perfect levels but noticed a shiny film on top of the water.

FC-4.5
CC-0
TA-100
CYA-30
PH-7.6

i have been holding these levels consistently. The water is still cold as is the weather here. I have had the solar cover on constantly and only ran the robot so there was still quite a bit of helicopters/debris in the bottom. I've ran the robot every few days but hasn't done the greatest job lately. I also have just recently added a hair net in the skimmer basket and also have a monkey(grease) guy or whatever he is. I'm curious if the oil is from the solar cover being on constantly? From the debris that's sitting in there? I even jumped in:) after working in the yard and the bottom was a little slick. After that I did a full vacuum and scrubbed everything real good, even the walls, with vacuum attachment on high. Does anyone have any ideas to why this is looking this way? Besides that it's shimmering like a diamond;)

it may be some kind of pollen or pollutant in the air and it could also be just from having your cover on a lot and not being able to skim very well.. You can take your FC up to SLAM level and let drop on its own and see if that burns off whatever it is :) It wont hurt anything

I would push the FC up a tad and see if it "eats" the film. I am guessing it is too cold (and you got in it :shock: burrrrr) for much sun screen and such. Not sure what it is though. Let us know if the higher FC helps clear it.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.