Robot during SLAM?

Scout101

Aug 18, 2015
North Kingstown, RI
So, saw a warning on the robot saying not to put in with FC higher than some fairly low number (4 maybe?). Also have seen people saying during SLAM is fine. Thoughts on which way is right? Maytronics trying to overly cover themselves?

And with my CYA at 60, I'm now slamming at 24. Too much, or is the warning nonsense? What say you?

Keep in mind that because of the CYA/Chlorine relationship, the actual amount of free unbound hypochlorite in your pool is less than 1 ppm at your current levels.
HOCl.gif

This is actually less harsh than a pool with 0 CYA and 2 ppm FC. If you were to constantly maintain 24 FC (60 ppm CYA) and run your robot, over time it would reduce the overall life span of the unit. If you're using it during the SLAM and removing promptly after the robot cycle has completed, I wouldn't be concerned. Rinsing the unit off after you remove it wouldn't hurt either.

Sounds good, thanks. I definitely only leave it in during the wash cycle and even rinse it after, so trying to maintain the life of the unit as best as possible; these things aren't cheap!

Sounds like I'm good as long as I'm keeping it in the range of a normal SLAM and don't wander off with chemicals :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.