intex 12x30 round steel frame pool. questions about pump,and saltwater system

jered

May 20, 2016
marietta, ny
  • so I purchased the intex 12'x30" round steel,frame pool along with a ground cloth, intex 1000gph pump and filter set ( I read the pump and filter that comes with the pool is junk), a intex Krystal klear saltwater system with copper ionization and (hopefully) all the necessary connectors. is this all I will need other than salt and water? also, for a pool this size (just under 1800 gallons) is the saltwater system a worthwhile purchase? will it actually save me that much in chemicals and hassle? and, last but not least, ground leveling. I have a pretty flat spot but there is a slight difference on one side. a little under 2 inches. I'm not trying to be lazy by skipping this step it's just that we rent this house and I'm hesitant to start digging up the yard. not sure how the landlord would feel about that, but then again, I'm not sure how they will feel about the pool! lol! I guess we'll find out. thanks!

Welcome to TFP :)

The number 1 most important step is to be level. no way around it, it has to be level because the pool can blow out on the low side, also the grass really needs to be cut out, it will start to smell really bad.

SWG and filter, if you want to go to a better system it is worth it, it will help you very much keep the pool clear, you will still need to check it daily though.. with that said you will need a great test kit to see what your water is doing, check my sig below :)

here is a list of the filters/SWG going from best to ok that I would recommend for you for ease of use and how long they will last.. The last one with copper will have to be modified to take the copper bar out as that is almost the worst thing you want in the pool..

1. Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Garden
2. Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump Garden
3. Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for Above Ground Pools : Patio, Lawn Garden
4. Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System with Copper Ionization : Swimming Pool Chlorine Alternatives : Patio, Lawn Garden

I hope this helps :)

Casey had you covered with the parts and such...........now lets talk about the copper part. PLEASE do some reading about that. It is not good stuff :( It can and will build up over time and cause staining AND green hair. We are all about chlorine to keep our pools clear. The salt part of it is good as the salt makes chlorine. See about taking the copper part out.

Kim:cat:

I looked at the 3rd system on Casey's list and almost bought it but I read somewhere else on these forums that's it's better to have the pump/filter and salt water system separate. What's the deal with the copper? This isn't going to b a pool that's used everyday. Mainly splashing around on weekends for the kid. Girlfriend might use it but I seriously doubt she will ever get her hair wet from it. And I will just sit in it and drink beer on my day off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.