Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex 12x30 round steel frame pool. questions about pump,and saltwater system

1. Back To Top    #1

intex 12x30 round steel frame pool. questions about pump,and saltwater system

• so I purchased the intex 12'x30" round steel,frame pool along with a ground cloth, intex 1000gph pump and filter set ( I read the pump and filter that comes with the pool is junk), a intex Krystal klear saltwater system with copper ionization and (hopefully) all the necessary connectors. is this all I will need other than salt and water? also, for a pool this size (just under 1800 gallons) is the saltwater system a worthwhile purchase? will it actually save me that much in chemicals and hassle? and, last but not least, ground leveling. I have a pretty flat spot but there is a slight difference on one side. a little under 2 inches. I'm not trying to be lazy by skipping this step it's just that we rent this house and I'm hesitant to start digging up the yard. not sure how the landlord would feel about that, but then again, I'm not sure how they will feel about the pool! lol! I guess we'll find out. thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: intex 12x30 round steel frame pool. questions about pump,and saltwater system

Welcome to TFP

The number 1 most important step is to be level. no way around it, it has to be level because the pool can blow out on the low side, also the grass really needs to be cut out, it will start to smell really bad.

SWG and filter, if you want to go to a better system it is worth it, it will help you very much keep the pool clear, you will still need to check it daily though.. with that said you will need a great test kit to see what your water is doing, check my sig below

here is a list of the filters/SWG going from best to ok that I would recommend for you for ease of use and how long they will last.. The last one with copper will have to be modified to take the copper bar out as that is almost the worst thing you want in the pool..

1. Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Garden
    2. Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump Garden
    3. Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for Above Ground Pools : Patio, Lawn Garden
    4. Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System with Copper Ionization : Swimming Pool Chlorine Alternatives : Patio, Lawn Garden

I hope this helps
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: intex 12x30 round steel frame pool. questions about pump,and saltwater system

Casey had you covered with the parts and such...........now lets talk about the copper part. PLEASE do some reading about that. It is not good stuff It can and will build up over time and cause staining AND green hair. We are all about chlorine to keep our pools clear. The salt part of it is good as the salt makes chlorine. See about taking the copper part out.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I looked at the 3rd system on Casey's list and almost bought it but I read somewhere else on these forums that's it's better to have the pump/filter and salt water system separate. What's the deal with the copper? This isn't going to b a pool that's used everyday. Mainly splashing around on weekends for the kid. Girlfriend might use it but I seriously doubt she will ever get her hair wet from it. And I will just sit in it and drink beer on my day off.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Jared, in that case just get this one 😁 it will work great for what you want and no copper

Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28669 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for Above Ground Pools : Patio, Lawn Garden

I am using my phone so please excuse any spelling errors and short response.
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **