You get yours, I'll get mine build in Navasota, TX

Great progress! The rain on my side has not let them pour the deck

hopefully you'll get a break too. I've been suprised how fast things have gone even being out in the middle of nowhere (as some have put it)

You are SO close!

Do you have your test kit yet? Ask the PB what kit he is going to give you and let us know.

Kim:cat:

I don't know what he's going to give me but a tf-100 is what I'll be using! I have to go back to work Wednesday so if everything goes according to plan I'll miss filling it. I've decided to take the week off when they build the shop since its timeline is more predictable and I can be more involved

brett

If you cannot be there when the start filling it I have something for you to have someone to do for you-wash cloth on the end of the hose. It helps filter the water some and keeps the metal of the hose from messing up your new plaster.

I also have this for you BUT run it by your PB as he holds the warranty card!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Most PB are not used to people who have a clue about a pool so he might not let you do anything but you can try.

Kim:cat:

They came and added the spa step. I'm on the fence on it. Looks out of place to me but is very functional. With they could've got it in during the original gunite shoot.

Brett

D9EA113A-0C74-4D34-BFD4-7E0D010BA0CE_zpsq8lyczh8.jpg

It does look a little smaller that I usually see ... although leaves more sitting room.

Wait, are those pipes the spa jets? you are not going to be able to sit in front of them with the step so close.

It does look a little smaller that I usually see ... although leaves more sitting room.

Wait, are those pipes the spa jets? you are not going to be able to sit in front of them with the step so close.

Correct, those are the jets. It doesn't bother me because I really don't care to have the jets on me for very long. Hopefully it'll all work out. Makes getting in and out much easier and that's the only reason it's there!

brett

Plaster and pebble was pushed to tomorrow. Guys came to prep, clean and acid wash. I'm having to go back to work tomorrow so I'll be missing the fun stuff including the fill. Will be home fri night, then back at it Sunday. Maybe, just maybe, we will get to swim on Monday or Tuesday of next week!

brett

While I'm at work today, my wonderful wife kept me updated with pics. The plaster/pebble has been complete and it looks like we will have water today! We started excavation on May 9th and water on the 25th. Can't complain for 14 days. We are getting excited and I hope to be able to swim soon. Dogs are tired of being cooped up and ready to run but I don't want them to think it's their pool!

brett

2c90f0916c426a6acf1be3cd7d3ba72b_zpsgycrkgww.jpg

cb744254b7acd92dfcaf9dc82a13e49c_zpsf9alh0it.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We started excavation on May 9th and water on the 25th. Can't complain for 14 days

That's incredible! My PB GUARANTEED 6 weeks (weather and all). They missed their mark by 2 days, but was mostly to rectify one of my complaints so I cut them some slack. These contractors are all so busy this time of year; I'm mostly impressed at how well your PB was able to orchestrate them all AND still come out with an amazing pool.

I know ya'll are ecstatic!! It looks great. C'mon now, tell the truth.... You paid the PB triple to get a great build this quickly! :laughblue::laughblue::laughblue:

There's something about a newly plastered pool that I love. I don't know - it's so smooth and peaceful looking. I can't wait to see the water and pictures of happy family and friends enjoying the pool!!
Way to go PB!!
Suz

That's incredible! My PB GUARANTEED 6 weeks (weather and all). They missed their mark by 2 days, but was mostly to rectify one of my complaints so I cut them some slack. These contractors are all so busy this time of year; I'm mostly impressed at how well your PB was able to orchestrate them all AND still come out with an amazing pool.

thats still a quick pool build compared to many here!

Coming along nicely. I cannot wait until this is finished! I am sure that you are more anxious than any of us! I hope it all continues at a quick pace. Don't forget about updates for the shop! Good luck.

We are very excited along with my son. He asks me if the pool guys are here today and is it done all the time.

I know ya'll are ecstatic!! It looks great. C'mon now, tell the truth.... You paid the PB triple to get a great build this quickly! :laughblue::laughblue::laughblue:

There's something about a newly plastered pool that I love. I don't know - it's so smooth and peaceful looking. I can't wait to see the water and pictures of happy family and friends enjoying the pool!!
Way to go PB!!
Suz

We have been very fortunate. Lindsay was there when they started filling it today. She sent me some pics and the spa was almost 1/2 full just from the rain. I wouldn't be surprised if it was full in the morning. We have had terrible rain and flooding. I've had my fill of the rain for a few weeks or so

ill add some pics that she sent tomorrow

brett

I heard y'all got plenty of rain today, hope everything is well plus having Mother Nature help in filling pool up is like icing on the cake after a fast build! Lol

According to my wife, it's just about full!

Yeah, the storm last night was insane!! I'm in New Caney, East of Navasota and we got hammered.

Oh it's terrible, I've been up for 37+ hours and have been wet and cold since about 3a this morning. I'm very ready to come home in hopefully 59 mins. This has been rough. We're on generator power till according to Entergy the 29th at 2200 so we will be going thru some gas. To add insult to injury, Lindsay was unloading the generator with the tractor and busted out her back glass by accident when it swung. That's a cool $800. Yuck

brett

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.