Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to Remove Spa Jet / Pool Return from Gunite Pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to Remove Spa Jet / Pool Return from Gunite Pool?

Hi all,

Does anyone have a link to a video or web site that has a "how to" for removing a spa jets and returns from a gunite pool?

I've never done it before and the company that opened my pool totally messed up putting the spa jets and pool returns in the wrong spots. I have been really having a hard time with them and don't want them to do any further work on my pool.

I'm thinking that there's the outer surround, the ball, and then I know that there's a piece of white plumbing inside which is where my issue is, as some of the white plumbing pieces are sticking way too far out into the opening of the jets. They probably just put the wrong pieces on the wrong returns.

I figured I'd check on here as I'm sure some of you close your own pool.

Thanks!
    In-ground 47'x25' free-form gunite pool w/ spa w/ waterfall. 35,380 gallons. 3' to 8' deep. 96 sq ft 6" deep sun shelf. SunStone Select Quartz Finish (Graphite). 2 Hayward skimmers. Jandy DEV60 DE Filter + Pro Series Plus 2HP Pump. Polaris PB4-60 Pressure Cleaner Booster Pump. Raypack P-R406A Heater. EasyTouch 8. IntelliChem w/ Acid Tank. IntelliChlor IC60. Techo-Bloc bullnose coping + Blu 60 mm paver patio. Merlin SmartMesh cover. TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to Remove Spa Jet / Pool Return from Gunite Pool?

Posted on your main thread: Spa Jet - Problem during pool opening
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How to Remove Spa Jet / Pool Return from Gunite Pool?

Thanks.
    In-ground 47'x25' free-form gunite pool w/ spa w/ waterfall. 35,380 gallons. 3' to 8' deep. 96 sq ft 6" deep sun shelf. SunStone Select Quartz Finish (Graphite). 2 Hayward skimmers. Jandy DEV60 DE Filter + Pro Series Plus 2HP Pump. Polaris PB4-60 Pressure Cleaner Booster Pump. Raypack P-R406A Heater. EasyTouch 8. IntelliChem w/ Acid Tank. IntelliChlor IC60. Techo-Bloc bullnose coping + Blu 60 mm paver patio. Merlin SmartMesh cover. TF-100.