New SWG pool

May 17, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I just got the keys to my new house and it has a SWG pool ~20Kgal (Haven't measured yet). The owner paid to replace the broken Polaris SWG with a new SGS Breeze 420 and I noticed they had it on BOOST so FC was high. Lowered the cell % to help lower it. Before replacing it their pool service was using pucks in a floater.

Readings (with new TF100)
Salt: 2800 (Taylor)
FC: 14
CC: 0
pH: 8.2
CH: 750
TA: 400+ (got tired of drops)
CYA: ~200 (Had to do half pool/tap and was almost right at 100 line)

Since we won't move immediately and salt is low, I might just get it drained 2/3 and refill.

Had a devil of a time with the TA drops.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

It does look like the first step needs to be about a 60% water replacement to get that CYA reasonable. That should also lower your high CH some.

Then circulate for at least an hour and retest everything.

For the TA, did it seem like the drops were small and jumping out of the bottle? If so, you need to wipe the tip between drops as the instructions suggest. That reagent can have built up static in it when it is very fresh.

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!

Trust your test results, we do. Except your TA, we want you yo try that again. Hold the bottle vertically, let the drop form fully, wipe the tip on a wet towel or swimsuit and swirl between drops. If you can rub your belly and pat your head you are good to go. Drop with one hand and swirl continuously with the other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.