please help

May 19, 2016
BArrie
pool is aprox 12500 gallons liner pool brand new.

PH 7.5
alk 100
hardness 175
CA 10
0 phosphates

water is clear

question below

I had 1 ppm chlorine running a chlorine puck feeder for now tell i get up to aprox 30 CYA.
when I had my water checked it had .2 CC and i was told to shock it last night with HTH extra shock 454 grams
left the pool cover off and today when I had my water checked it had 5 ppm free chlorine and 1.2 CC

should my shock not killed off the .2 cc

the pool store told me to just leave it for now

thanks everyone

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :) But you know, here at TFP we strongly encourage pool owners taking 100% control of their pool by testing their own water with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. It's the only way to guarantee 100% ownership. It's fast, easy, and you won't waste time on "shocks" and products that drain your pocketbook. Right now you have an imbalance of FC and CYA which can inevitably lead to algae. The right test kit will resolve that problem. Please see the TF-100 link below in my sig. Great to have you with us.

Is CA supposed to be CYA 10? If you have been chlorinating with pucks and shocking with dichlor it is very unlikely that CYA is 10. Add your state to your location in your profile so it shows up over there <---- and we will be able to make a recommendation on CYA. Climate is very important.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.