Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater question

1. Back To Top    #1

Heater question

OK, I apologize in advance for my ignorance on the subject. This is prob a stupid question....but one I don't know the answer to none the less.

We just started week 2 of post pebble startup. Still can't run heater; so it's in bypass mode. They came and installed the fittings for the spa yesterday. So last night I flipped it to "Spa Mode" just to see what did what (yes, I know the heater is still in bypass mode). The little blowers start turning and bubbles came out of 7 of the 8 jets....I played with the valves to see how it affected the bubbles etc..

So here comes the stupid question part (at least I hope it is just a stupid question): When the heater is taken out of bypass mode and actually running and doing its job properly......please tell me those bubbles will get significantly greater. Does the heater also provide more air pressure to increase the bubbles to give it the effect I have in my head (the way any other spa would act)?

Heater is Hayward - H400FDN

Thanks!
    My Build Thread 16' X 33' Freeform 3.5' - 6' depth 8' Round Spa StoneScapes Midnight Blue Mini Pebble Noble Tile - Pietra Lavica (Lipari) Tile Oklahoma Flagstone Philips Hue Color LED's in Light Poles Hayward Tri-Star Hayward Sand Filter Hayward Navigator E-Command 4 control panel w/ remote 725 sqft washed aggregate decking

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Heater question

The heater only heats water. If you wanted bubbles in the spa, you should install a air blower aka bubbler.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry M View Post
    We're considering getting an electric heat pump for our pool. Anyone have any recommendations/advice regarding brand, features, etc.? Many thanks.
    This needs to be a new thread.

Also, if you use the search feature you will probably find the answer to your question.

Agree. The above-quoted post has been moved to a new thread here: Electric Heat Pump - Any Recommendations?
    -BoDarville, TFP Moderator
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    The heater only heats water. If you wanted bubbles in the spa, you should install a air blower aka bubbler.
    Thank you for the answer and your time. So would a blower be something that can be added, or is that something that really should have been put in initially?
    My Build Thread 16' X 33' Freeform 3.5' - 6' depth 8' Round Spa StoneScapes Midnight Blue Mini Pebble Noble Tile - Pietra Lavica (Lipari) Tile Oklahoma Flagstone Philips Hue Color LED's in Light Poles Hayward Tri-Star Hayward Sand Filter Hayward Navigator E-Command 4 control panel w/ remote 725 sqft washed aggregate decking