Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quartzscapes or Stonescapes, Which and Why?

1. Back To Top    #1

Carlsbad, CA

Quartzscapes or Stonescapes, Which and Why?

About to resurface our pool, and I'm debating between Quartzscape and Stonescape in Midnight blue. A buddy has the stonescape, and it looks great, and although textured, is still fairly smooth.

Does anyone have pics of of both, in midnight blue? I think the Stonescape may refract more light because of the texture, but haven't seen either to compare. I've also heard longevity (with proper H20 control) is better with Stonescapes, but my PB said the warranty is a 5 yr bonding-only warranty.

Any opinions/pics/comments?

Carlsbad, CA
    17,500 gal rectangular, about to renovated (2016 Spring)

2. Back To Top    #2

McKinney, TX

Re: Quartzscapes or Stonescapes, Which and Why?

I don't have any experience yet, but I found the videos on Wet Edge's website very helpful in talking about the differences/pros/cons of the different finishes.
    They have a video under "Learning Center" on their website called "What are the differences between the Wet Edge pool finishes?"

Even though you are looking at a different brand I think the comparison on this video between Wet Edge Luna Quartz and their pebble/stonescape type product (Pearl/Satin Matrix) would have similar pros/cons to Quartzscapes vs Stonescapes. Stonescapes manufacturer may have similar info on their site.

I think there are some Stonescapes Midnight Blue pools on here somewhere...I'll post a link if I find any
    Under Construction: 16K gallon, 18x40, 107 perimeter, 550 sq ft gunite unground pool with raised spa. Pentair equipment. DE filter. Plaster TBD.

3. Back To Top    #3

Dallas, TX

Re: Quartzscapes or Stonescapes, Which and Why?

I love mine... see in sig line.

Strangely, "Primera Stone" is polished smooth and isn't stony feeling at all.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!