Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pools are gross

1. Back To Top    #1
    Edmond OK

Pools are gross

In general, I'd have to agree:

Pools are gross, new CDC study confirms | The Verge

I love the CDC's suggestion to bring your own test strips. Yeah, that's going to work out well.
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pools are gross

Jeez, what a stupid headline (nothing but click-bait). Apparently the CDC has never looked at TFP member pools before. That said, I'm not at all surprised at their findings because they only looked at commercial public pools and spas. Only in venues where the risk of liability is high (think LegoLand water park) will you find stringent controls in place. Most public pools operated by counties and municipalities that I've ever been too are, as the headline states, gross.

In summary, cute article but it has exactly zero applicability to what we teach here.
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

I want to take my TF100 on vacation with me.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    League City, TX

While neglected pools can be gross, these pools are downright disgusting :

Chinese Swimming Pools, the Most Crowded (and Dirtiest) in the World | Amusing Planet

20K IG gunnite pool
    2HP Hayward single speed pump
    Cartridge filter

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

And I raise FC by 4 when more than 5 people get in

Back the semi up there...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

6. Back To Top    #6
    Hamilton Michigan

Hahaha Got a friend of ours that refuses to swim in our pool because she "cant smell the chlorine" so that means we dont have any in there. I can show her both the drop test and the powder test but because she cant smell it they are wrong. I gave up trying to explain it to her. I have been tempted to take my TF100 with me camping and see whats going on in the campground pool
    Intex AG metal frame vinyl sides 10,400 gal. 3000 gph intex pump with 16" sand filter