Aqua Genie Loud Gurgling

ogbill

May 2, 2016
OTTAWA, Canada
Still Trouble shooting my pool after opening. My Aqua Genie Skimmer seems to be generating a lot of waves and bubbling and attendant noise around the return. It's slightly above the fill mark and I can hear the noise through a closed door. If I just push the inlet weir down slightly it calms down. Is there some adjustment one can make on the weir flap?

I just became aware that these skimmer/returns existed last week, so I have no idea how they are supposed to work or if the noise is normal.

See anything interesting look down into it from above?

I have the Aqua Genie also. Sounds like it's the weir...possibly stuck upward position? Mine doesn't work to good. Stays open most of the time. I couldn't begin to tell you what to do but hopefully someone else will come along shortly.

Check to see if the return plate is mounted upside down. the return plate should shoot the water down. Just guessing that whoever winterized reinstalled it upside down, shooting the water towards the surface. For what it's worth I've got two Aqua genies and might be in the minority but for my pool there fantastic and would use them again in a heart beat. I do not use the chlorine feeder option though, tfp all the way!
Kris

After finally getting in my pool yesterday for the 1st time this season I was able to get a better look from down low in the pool at my Aqua genie problem. It looks like close to half of the return water from the pressure chamber is escaping upwards from the faceplate directly back into the inlet to the weir/flapper. I think my winterizer closer/opener has messed things up - either the gasket is defective or installed improperly. Holiday weekend finishing here but I'll get to my pool servicer tomorrow. This is obviously the cause of the loud gurgling and probably my startup higher pressure than normal. In the meantime any comments would be appreciated.

I wouldn't call anyone... Just take out the six screws and install the plate so it shots the water down. Phillips screwdriver, #3 preferably. After all , the heart of tfp is self reliance.:D
Kris

Got it now ..... Maybe he forgot to put the gasket back.... Or lost it, I have a couple extra , I didn't like how thick they were so I made thinner ones. I could send you one if you need it or you can make one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.