Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Introduction: Randa

1. Back To Top    #1

Introduction: Randa

What a nice forum!!! Thank you to YOU for reading my boring intro. This will be the third year of my 24ft round above ground pool, the typical 13,500 gallon pool, and my second year opening the pool. I have attached a pic. I have had problems opening the pool the last two years...my winter tarp has failed the last two years which has caused lots of problems. The BBB method is new to me and I'm excited about learning. I would like to post about my green algae problem so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
    pool.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Introduction: Randa

Hello Randa and welcome to TFP! Well, if you've got algae you'll need to do a TFP "SLAM" link below. To do that though you must have your own TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. (link also below). If you don't have one, please make that your first priority so you can perform the SLAM and take 100% control of your pool and water. It's easy to do and you'll be very happy for it. Nice looking pic, thanks for posting. Great to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Introduction: Randa

Welcome! That's a really nice looking pool! Have you started clearing the pool yet?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter