Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Iridescent Pool lines?

1. Back To Top    #1

Iridescent Pool lines?

Does anyone have one of those iridescent, shimmery, or shiny type of vinyl pool liners? I think LoopLoc has a line of them and some other companies too. I was curious about the reviews on them. Do they really make the water look much different? Pics always appreciated. Thanks!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Iridescent Pool lines?

Search for "Pipe Rat concrete pool" here. He used a purple liner from the company you mentioned and I think his is beautiful.
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by TheBraLady View Post
    Search for "Pipe Rat concrete pool" here. He used a purple liner from the company you mentioned and I think his is beautiful.
    I found his thread! Thanks for sharing! Wow! It is stunning! Looks like real tiles! I wonder how it holds up to fading....
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

4. Back To Top    #4

I thought so too!

We built our pool last summer and were between gray or tan for liners. We didn't want really dark water - going for a more teal or tropical look.

Here are some photos that might be helpful for you. Liner choice was the hardest part for us! Nice to see "real" photos and not just marketing...

This liner is in another pool our builder did:

And here's the pool:

I was shocked - before looking at any "real" examples - just from marketing materials I was 90% sure I wanted the gray...until I saw in person. Too dark - for us.

This is what we went with:

And here it is in the pool (this day was a little cloudy):

Here's a little better picture of the "tile" look:

Anyway - good luck! I'm sure you'll pick the perfect liner for you! And hope the photos were helpful...
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

5. Back To Top    #5

One pool company suggested that I don't do the iridescent because our pool would show imperfections more...its from 1973. Actually, he said "it's like yoga pants...it shows everything."
    C.N.
    IG vinyl liner 20x40 Pool, Hayward S-240 Sand Filter and Hayward pump in basement
    Indoor Jacuzzi spa 500 gallons, Spa Marvel
    Rochester, NY

6. Back To Top    #6

Do you think it's the iridescent feature or the tile look aspect? I can definitely see how the tiles would be like yoga pants - that was a great illustration on his part!

7. Back To Top    #7

I think it's the iridescent because imperfections change the sheen

C.N.
    IG vinyl liner 20x40 Pool, Hayward S-240 Sand Filter and Hayward pump in basement
    Indoor Jacuzzi spa 500 gallons, Spa Marvel
    Rochester, NY