Buying a new Above Ground pool! Some questions...

Newerabs

Jul 22, 2015
Eaton Rapids
We are finally putting our beloved above ground pool to rest, it served us well for a number of years.
Tomorrow I'm going to be picking this up from Walmart: Summer Waves 18 Round Metal Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool with Deluxe Accessory Set - Walmart.com

I know from experience that the pump that comes with these pools is not good, so that's why I'm also buying this from Amazon: Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 3000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Sand Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

I'm also picking up these: Amazon.com : New Model Set of 2 Intex Large Pool Plunger Valve Assemblies : Swimming Pool Pump Accessories : Patio, Lawn Garden

I've done some reading and watching Youtube and I understand that with the Summer Escape pools you need to do some modifications to get it to work with the Intex sand filter pumps.

What else will I need? The videos show what the modifications look like but don't tell you what parts you need. I'm specifically wondering about the pool return jet. Will I need to buy a new return? Or is the one that comes with the pool going to be good enough? What kind of converters will I need to buy?

Any help is appreciated!

There are so many modifications done here, a search should bring something up for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.