Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Buying a new Above Ground pool! Some questions...

1. Back To Top    #1

Eaton Rapids

Buying a new Above Ground pool! Some questions...

We are finally putting our beloved above ground pool to rest, it served us well for a number of years.
    Tomorrow I'm going to be picking this up from Walmart: Summer Waves 18 Round Metal Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool with Deluxe Accessory Set -

I know from experience that the pump that comes with these pools is not good, so that's why I'm also buying this from Amazon: : Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 3000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Sand Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

I'm also picking up these: : New Model Set of 2 Intex Large Pool Plunger Valve Assemblies : Swimming Pool Pump Accessories : Patio, Lawn Garden

I've done some reading and watching Youtube and I understand that with the Summer Escape pools you need to do some modifications to get it to work with the Intex sand filter pumps.

What else will I need? The videos show what the modifications look like but don't tell you what parts you need. I'm specifically wondering about the pool return jet. Will I need to buy a new return? Or is the one that comes with the pool going to be good enough? What kind of converters will I need to buy?

Any help is appreciated!
    7600 gallons AG. Hayward Sand filter. Taylor k-2006.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Buying a new Above Ground pool! Some questions...

There are so many modifications done here, a search should bring something up for you.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter