Opened pool, old testing reagents and CYA?

Add the CYA and also raise the TA to about 70. The normal pH rise and the extra aeration should counterract the minor pH shift the CYA will make. And if not, then you raise it with borax once the CYA is all dissolved and you see where pH ends up.

Can I add CYA and increase TA at same time? I assume a half hour after I put in my sock CYA to slowly dissolve, I can start working on increasing TA at the same time?

Add the CYA and also raise the TA to about 70. The normal pH rise and the extra aeration should counterract the minor pH shift the CYA will make. And if not, then you raise it with borax once the CYA is all dissolved and you see where pH ends up.

I added both CYA and baking soda. If I only added about 27 ounces of CYA via sock a few hours ago, do I really need to run the filter all night? It's 9:00 pm here in NJ and looking to give my filter a break if I can. Wondering if it's necessary to run it overnight with such a small amount of CYA added and wondering what the harm would be to not run it overnight. Thanks!

I added both CYA and baking soda. If I only added about 27 ounces of CYA via sock a few hours ago, do I really need to run the filter all night? It's 9:00 pm here in NJ and looking to give my filter a break if I can. Wondering if it's necessary to run it overnight with such a small amount of CYA added and wondering what the harm would be to not run it overnight. Thanks!
Not a problem. If you shut off the pump, pull the CYA out of the skimmer and set the sock in a plastic bucket until the pump starts again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.