Pool cover junk fell in the pool

Jun 4, 2015
Basehor Kansas
So we decided to open our pool this evening. I got alot of water off the cover and while there was still some left on the cover, I decided it would be a bright idea to just take off the cover. It didn't go well. We got the cover all the way to one end, and because of all the water and leaves we couldn't get the rest out of the pool. I even tried getting in the pool. The water was cold and I ended up with a big mess. My water was really clear until all the leaves and water on the cover fell in. Any suggestions on how to clear this up?? I figured I would be removing leaves and vaccuming but any other ideas would be very helpful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's kinda what I thought. I have to finish filling with water tomorrow and start my pump. Do you think I should even worry about my ph until I get it cleared up??

If you anticipate losing a lot of water to backwashing or vacuuming to waste, no. There's no reason to treat water you're just going to dump.

Otherwise, all the scooping and vacuuming will actually help mix the water so you can test the pH and TA after about thirty minutes of pump running and treat it while you work.

Finally got it clean and clear. Alot of time put into this but worth it in the end.

40293703f1e90f9e602a426214d8dc6d.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.