Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cover junk fell in the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cover junk fell in the pool

So we decided to open our pool this evening. I got alot of water off the cover and while there was still some left on the cover, I decided it would be a bright idea to just take off the cover. It didn't go well. We got the cover all the way to one end, and because of all the water and leaves we couldn't get the rest out of the pool. I even tried getting in the pool. The water was cold and I ended up with a big mess. My water was really clear until all the leaves and water on the cover fell in. Any suggestions on how to clear this up?? I figured I would be removing leaves and vaccuming but any other ideas would be very helpful.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool cover junk fell in the pool

Leaf rake for the obvious stuff.
    Vacuum for the fine stuff after it settles.
    Plenty of bleach so whatever it is doesn't lead to algae.

I know, you were hoping we'd have something faster and easier on the back. Sorry.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's kinda what I thought. I have to finish filling with water tomorrow and start my pump. Do you think I should even worry about my ph until I get it cleared up??

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dhimpel View Post
    That's kinda what I thought. I have to finish filling with water tomorrow and start my pump. Do you think I should even worry about my ph until I get it cleared up??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    If you anticipate losing a lot of water to backwashing or vacuuming to waste, no. There's no reason to treat water you're just going to dump.

Otherwise, all the scooping and vacuuming will actually help mix the water so you can test the pH and TA after about thirty minutes of pump running and treat it while you work.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Finally got it clean and clear. Alot of time put into this but worth it in the end.