just found this site...Phew!!

ncutt

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2016
Malin
reading and rereading all the newbie stuff...had the pool opened and treated on saturday and saw algae on the wall sides by monday...i had ordereda digital tester through him and he showed me how to use it..but told me i did not need to use the cya tablets or test for it...????? my cya level is ranging between 160 and 200 so tomorrow i start draining...my goal next year is to save the 400 for opening and treatment, especially since it obviously did not work...thank you all! it is a little overwhelming but i love the pool..

Welcome.

There's no harm in having the PB open the pool if you don't want to do the work. We have them open and close for no reason other than we just don't feel like doing the work and we think it is worth the money. Just tell them not to treat.

Welcome to TFP :)

Most of those digital testers are just not good and can be way off at times.. There are 2 test kits that will work great for testing in my sig below..

I hope this helps

Welcome to TFP!

You can update your location over there <---- by clicking SETTINGS upper right and EDIT PROFILE lower left. Be sure to click SAVE, lower right.

thanks! i ordered the tf-100 and am now draining the pool what i can...but am curious..the pg added algaecide, stain and scale and sodium dichlor on saturday...would those effect my cya levels? and if so for a temporary of extended time..i read and reread and search and research...finally have started to write things down...

The items your PG added won't effect CYA, but they could effect other issues. It's good you're removing some water then. The less of that junk the better. You'll soon find that with the accuracy of the TF-100, you won't add anything to your water unless YOU know it needs it. Much better feeling and nicer looking water. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
one day of partial draining, refill, partial draining, refill, etc etc...and i have the cya down to 100 whoo hoo! should i aim for 50 or 60?

my drain only works with the pump on :(...shoulda borrowed a submersible.

at least two things i have learned in the short time i have joined this forum...

1. cya (lol) never heard that mentioned from pg or store

2. that dust that the wind musta put in the pool is dead algae

anyway day 2 of partially draining pool and i still may get that submersible pump :) cya currently at 95...
ca18bc4e-986f-4c72-9d95-953f72d378da

ca18bc4e-986f-4c72-9d95-953f72d378da

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 69
just want to say "thanks!" ..after three weeks i am still fighting pollen and the weather has not been very agreeable for swimming or keeping the pool clean and the darn cotton keeps on flying...but my pool water color has never looked better and no algae growing on the walls! just cleaning the filter sock daily!

just want to say "thanks!" ..after three weeks i am still fighting pollen and the weather has not been very agreeable for swimming or keeping the pool clean and the darn cotton keeps on flying...but my pool water color has never looked better and no algae growing on the walls! just cleaning the filter sock daily!

That is awesome to hear! THANKS!

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.