New Taylor k-2006 kit results

How am I doing? Got an inch of rain the last 2 days. Starting BBB today. What and where to start? FC-6 CC-1
Ph-7.4
TA-150
CH-190
CYA- 30
not sure why the font changed to giant size.
I see nothing that demands immediate attention. How's the water look?

I expect you'll be wanting to raise CYA some, and with that high TA, expect to see pH rise. If you have any trichlor pucks, now's the time to use 'em. Raise CYA, lower pH, and maintain FC. It's a win-win-win situation.It looks like you could feed a lot of them to your pool without driving CYA too high. But if you don't have any, don't go out and buy any.

Not sure why the font changed color :mrgreen:

Fancy font color rainbow going on.

Water looks great to me. Very clear.

Unfortunately, I have a whole bucket of pucks. Bought them then found this place a few days later.
Poolmath says you have room for about ten pounds of those pucks. See for yourself after you enter your numbers. Scroll down to Effects of Adding Chemicals. Just keep an eye on pH and TA, because they are acidic. Don't panic at the estimated pH change poolmath will figure. You won't be adding all of them at once.

Weird font stuff here! LOL!

You are going to want to raise your CYA to 50 if it ever starts to get hot and sunny around here. And CYA drops 3-5 ppm per month or more on its own through slow consumption, splash out, rain overflow, etc. So, you can eventually use the pucks to maintain CYA level.

You don't have to run all the tests every day. You really only need to run the FC test daily, then the pH test weekly. I wouldn't worry about CYA any more than monthly, even if you are using a few tablets. CH is one of those things you can just test "every once in a while", and with a TA of 140, unless you are trying to get it down, you really don't have to test it very often either. I don't usually test CC unless I have a problem with the pool.

Speaking of, you need to get that CH up around 300.

Your CH is low for a plaster pool. Shoot for 250-300. Once summer gets here (if it ever does) you will want a tad higher CYA like PoolDV said.

edit I see you are using pucks to raise CYA.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool math recommends
60 ounces by weight of conditioner for cya which equals 3.75lbs.

And to go from ch 180 to 300 it says I need 533 ounces by weight of calcium chloride who's equals 33.3lbs.

Is my math accurate or am I way off? Want to double check so I don't screw anything up.

Going to add 1.5 lbs of conditioner in a sock in the skimmer to start with so I don't over shoot it. How do I add the calcium chloride?

That sounds about right without pulling up the calculator myself. To take mine from 250 to 360 CH it took 50 lbs.

You are right to add a little at a time. You can add half the CH if you want, then the other half later. It dissolves pretty darn fast.

Wait, what is your target CYA? 35 isn't really bad for a non-SWG pool.

That contains calcium magnesium carbonate (dolomite) and from a cursory search of the forum doesn't seem to be a problem. You might want to wait on someone more knowledgeable than me but I'm guessing it's good.

I thought about the ice melt, but decided against it because the calcium from Leslie's wasn't too bad once he lowered the price to $44 for 50 lbs. I'm lucky that I have a commercial unit by my house and don't have to deal with the stores.

I know with the regular hardness increaser from the pool store you just put it all in. I put all 50 lbs in at once and it was dissolved pretty quickly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.