Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Taylor k-2006 kit results

1. Back To Top    #1

New Taylor k-2006 kit results

How am I doing? Got an inch of rain the last 2 days. Starting BBB today. What and where to start?FC-6CC-1
    Ph-7.4
    TA-150
    CH-190
    CYA- 30
    not sure why the font changed to giant size.
    30k Gallons, IG plaster, Jacuzzi Sand Storm 350lb Sand filter, 1hp Jacuzzi Magnum Force pump. Taylor K-2006 kit. Jacuzzi J-D300 side suction vac.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Taylor k-2006 kit results

Quote Originally Posted by Coach_1 View Post
    How am I doing? Got an inch of rain the last 2 days. Starting BBB today. What and where to start? FC-6 CC-1
    Ph-7.4
    TA-150
    CH-190
    CYA- 30
    not sure why the font changed to giant size.
    I see nothing that demands immediate attention. How's the water look?

I expect you'll be wanting to raise CYA some, and with that high TA, expect to see pH rise. If you have any trichlor pucks, now's the time to use 'em. Raise CYA, lower pH, and maintain FC. It's a win-win-win situation.It looks like you could feed a lot of them to your pool without driving CYA too high. But if you don't have any, don't go out and buy any.

Not sure why the font changed color
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Fancy font color rainbow going on.

Water looks great to me. Very clear.

Unfortunately, I have a whole bucket of pucks. Bought them then found this place a few days later.
    30k Gallons, IG plaster, Jacuzzi Sand Storm 350lb Sand filter, 1hp Jacuzzi Magnum Force pump. Taylor K-2006 kit. Jacuzzi J-D300 side suction vac.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Coach_1 View Post
    Fancy font color rainbow going on.

Water looks great to me. Very clear.

Unfortunately, I have a whole bucket of pucks. Bought them then found this place a few days later.
    Poolmath says you have room for about ten pounds of those pucks. See for yourself after you enter your numbers. Scroll down to Effects of Adding Chemicals. Just keep an eye on pH and TA, because they are acidic. Don't panic at the estimated pH change poolmath will figure. You won't be adding all of them at once.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Weird font stuff here! LOL!

You are going to want to raise your CYA to 50 if it ever starts to get hot and sunny around here. And CYA drops 3-5 ppm per month or more on its own through slow consumption, splash out, rain overflow, etc. So, you can eventually use the pucks to maintain CYA level.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Today's results. How am I doing on the BBB so far? Any recommendations?

fc-4.5
    CC- 0.5
    Ph- 7.4
    TA-140
    CH-180
    CYA- 35

pool Math has my CSI at -0.19 , is this bad or good?

7. Back To Top    #7

You don't have to run all the tests every day. You really only need to run the FC test daily, then the pH test weekly. I wouldn't worry about CYA any more than monthly, even if you are using a few tablets. CH is one of those things you can just test "every once in a while", and with a TA of 140, unless you are trying to get it down, you really don't have to test it very often either. I don't usually test CC unless I have a problem with the pool.

Speaking of, you need to get that CH up around 300.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Your CH is low for a plaster pool. Shoot for 250-300. Once summer gets here (if it ever does) you will want a tad higher CYA like PoolDV said.

edit I see you are using pucks to raise CYA.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

9. Back To Top    #9

Will these work to increase CYA and CH?

10. Back To Top    #10

Perfect!

Be sure you use PoolMath (at the top of the page) so you know how much you need!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Pool math recommends
    60 ounces by weight of conditioner for cya which equals 3.75lbs.

And to go from ch 180 to 300 it says I need 533 ounces by weight of calcium chloride who's equals 33.3lbs.

Is my math accurate or am I way off? Want to double check so I don't screw anything up.

Going to add 1.5 lbs of conditioner in a sock in the skimmer to start with so I don't over shoot it. How do I add the calcium chloride?

12. Back To Top    #12

That sounds about right without pulling up the calculator myself. To take mine from 250 to 360 CH it took 50 lbs.

You are right to add a little at a time. You can add half the CH if you want, then the other half later. It dissolves pretty darn fast.

Wait, what is your target CYA? 35 isn't really bad for a non-SWG pool.

13. Back To Top    #13

It gets hot here in southern Ok so I was going to try for a cya of 50.

Do do I dump the calcium granuals directly into the pool of what?

14. Back To Top    #14

Since I need so much can I use this ice melt? Is it the same thing? It would save me a ton of money.

Snow Joe 50 lb. Re-Sealable Bag Calcium Chloride Crystals Ice Melter MELT50CC at The Home Depot - Mobile

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

That contains calcium magnesium carbonate (dolomite) and from a cursory search of the forum doesn't seem to be a problem. You might want to wait on someone more knowledgeable than me but I'm guessing it's good.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

16. Back To Top    #16

I thought about the ice melt, but decided against it because the calcium from Leslie's wasn't too bad once he lowered the price to $44 for 50 lbs. I'm lucky that I have a commercial unit by my house and don't have to deal with the stores.

I know with the regular hardness increaser from the pool store you just put it all in. I put all 50 lbs in at once and it was dissolved pretty quickly.

17. Back To Top    #17

Added the only 4 lbs of Calcium I had on hand. Will get the rest later today.

18. Back To Top    #18

Yes, ice melt is fine. More here on chemicals. Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

I agree that 50 is a good CYA target for your location.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

19. Back To Top    #19

Going to go by Ace and tractor supply later and see what ice melt they have available.

20. Back To Top    #20

I just officially started the bbb tonight. Just added 96oz of 10% bleach. Ph is still good so no additions for that.

also the CH has not changed since I added the 4lbs of CaCl2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast