running plumbing advice

May 7, 2016
Westmoreland/TN
running plumbing adviced. i originally thought the skimmer line had a clog but now after attempting to unclog, multiple ways I think the flex pvc has collapse some and possibly some cracks.

Now to replumb. It has 1.5 inch flex pipe. I think they backfilled with gravel. Not sure about that but think they did. I am planning on digging an access hole at skimmer closest to pump and tieing in the second skimmer to new line. I want to run a new line just outside the concrete then to the pump. I think I want to run a 2 in line as much as i can. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also any insights on what the cost could be. I live in the middle Tn area

We've definitely seen that happen before with flex pipe. Your plan sounds good. You don't want to run that shovel yourself for free? :)

I have wondered what middle TN is, middle left to right? Or what. So, I had to google that. Who knew it was such a thing? State law, 41 counties, rules and all that. Interesting. It looks like a couple of counties got left out. :)

I have wondered what middle TN is, middle left to right? Or what. So, I had to google that. Who knew it was such a thing? State law, 41 counties, rules and all that. Interesting. It looks like a couple of counties got left out. :)

Keep talking like that and this will move to the Deep End...All I know is California but recently I've been searching for the next place that will welcome my sarcastic self.

I would never recommend flex pipe. EVER. Get rid of it and run Sch 40 (2" min).

I wish I had read bout flex pipe before I installed. I thought the installer knew what he was doing he had been doing pools for 10 years.
I was thinking the 2 inch rigid. I only have à 1.5 hp motor but i think it will be fine. Going to be a pain getting through the gravel I am afraid. I think it may force me to dig a wider hole than normal just to keep the gravel from caving in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.