Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar pool light?

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar pool light?

Can anyone suggest a good solar pool light? I have a led color changing one in my pool now but it isn't strong enough to hit the shallow end. My pool is 20 X 40 rectangle. Plus it stops working here and there...

So I am looking for solar so I don't have to worry about batteries. We don't swim at night for a long period or anything . I just like the way it looks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar pool light?

Its doubtful any solar pool light will give you anywhere near the amount of light that would make you happy. If you put a solar aray on a roof and had it charge several car batteries that would work but short of that you are not going to get much light for a pool of that size from any solar system I have seen.

These act more like a companion than a major source of light. You would need several in your pool.

Floating Solar Rainbow Light
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Solar pool light?

I will check out the one you included. I know it won't light up my pool all the way. We do have a light that changes colors in the deep end...but though maybe solar or even some other type of pool light would be good for the shallow end...Just so I can do different colors. In hindsight, I wish I have a couple of pool lights installed when I got the pool.