Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testing pH and TC After Rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Testing pH and TC After Rain

Hi All!

New to TFPC, great source of info and thank you so much.

It's rained the last two evenings here and I was wondering how long I should wait to test my pH and TC after rain. Seems to me that all the rain water is close to the surface soon after a rain. I test in the early evenings which can be a problem with afternoon rain we get here in Florida.

Thanks!
    16x30 Inground Rectangular Pool w/Spa / Plaster, 16,200 gallons / Hayward Cartridge Filter / Hayward Super Pump / TF-100 Test kit / Liquid Chlorine 10% / Hayward Poolvergnuegen Pool Cleaner / Fill from well.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Testing pH and TC After Rain

Let it mix with the pump going for half an hour and it should be fine. You can also speed it up by brushing.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Makes perfect sense, thank you!
    16x30 Inground Rectangular Pool w/Spa / Plaster, 16,200 gallons / Hayward Cartridge Filter / Hayward Super Pump / TF-100 Test kit / Liquid Chlorine 10% / Hayward Poolvergnuegen Pool Cleaner / Fill from well.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Always make sure to take the sample from at least 12 inches down as well.
    Best of luck
    You're on the right site for any issue you come across.