Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC/TCL question

1. Back To Top    #1

CC/TCL question

Hi all,

I'm using a ColorQ Pro 7 and wanted to know of CC is the same as TCL? I'm thinking it is. I took a second water test today and my numbers are:
    fc 1.16
    tcl=cc=1.38
    ph 7.2
    ta 138
    ch 148
    cya 18

I was reading in Pool School that I should keep tcl=cc=0.5. Since this is a new pool and freshwater, is CC something I should be concern about for now? From my previous post, I should take care of fc first then cya. Unfortunately I have a pool frog connected to my system. I will be emptying it out soon.

So according to Pool Math, I should put 28 oz of 8.25 weight % of bleach. Once I do that, how long should I wait to address CYA? Also, since I'm transitioning to liquid chlorine, how often should I be adding liquid chlorine? Everyday? every two days?

Thanks everyone.
    10,400 Gallons AGP - Installed 5/2/16, Waterway Clearwater II Cartridge Swimming Pool Filter, Malibu 2 Speed 1.5hp Pump, K-2006, Rheem P-M266

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: CC/TCL question

TC is Total Chlorine. You subtract your FC from TC to get your CC.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: CC/TCL question

Duh. Thanks @Donldson