Aqua Rite and cold water

vapool

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Just opened our pool last week, it's cleared up beautifully so I turned on the SWG. Just checked on it (it's been on 24 hours) and both check salt and inspect cell lights are lit steady (not flashing). I know the cell is clean, and we had just replaced it last summer. Yes, salt level is low (about 2000 according to test strip), but I would expect the lights to be flashing at this level, not steady.

The only thing I can think of (other than having a faulty cell) is that the water temp is too cold. Would this cause the lights to stay on steadily (really, really hoping this is the case!). Any other reasons? And is it normal for salt level to drop that much when partially drained for winter, or are my test strips faulty too (it's a 40k gallon pool and, by my calculations, would require at least 500 lbs to get back to a good level...seems like an awful lot!)

guess strips are close, you might be within 500 to 1000 ppm salt level... if you are below 65 degrees it is probably not happy as it will see low salt content.. also, draining part of your pool will ower the salt level..

The taylor salt test kit is much more accurate..

I hope this helps :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.