Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite and cold water

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite and cold water

Just opened our pool last week, it's cleared up beautifully so I turned on the SWG. Just checked on it (it's been on 24 hours) and both check salt and inspect cell lights are lit steady (not flashing). I know the cell is clean, and we had just replaced it last summer. Yes, salt level is low (about 2000 according to test strip), but I would expect the lights to be flashing at this level, not steady.

The only thing I can think of (other than having a faulty cell) is that the water temp is too cold. Would this cause the lights to stay on steadily (really, really hoping this is the case!). Any other reasons? And is it normal for salt level to drop that much when partially drained for winter, or are my test strips faulty too (it's a 40k gallon pool and, by my calculations, would require at least 500 lbs to get back to a good level...seems like an awful lot!)
    inground gunite, 18x38 freeform, 3'-9' w/ diving; 3M caymen green/blue blend; Pentair 2HP whisperflo; + aux pump for water feature; SWG; Rheem heat pump; Polaris 380; Pentair TR 100 sand filter; silverlake flagstone coping/broom finish concrete deck; NPTG Aztec cobalt tile; 18" bond beam wall with water feature

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Aqua Rite and cold water

guess strips are close, you might be within 500 to 1000 ppm salt level... if you are below 65 degrees it is probably not happy as it will see low salt content.. also, draining part of your pool will ower the salt level..

The taylor salt test kit is much more accurate..

I hope this helps
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

Re: Aqua Rite and cold water

The lights should be on steady if the salt level is below 2300, so it looks like the SWG is behaving like it should.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process