CaliMar Titanium Edition - built in flow switch

IrwinK

Apr 25, 2016
Orlando, FL
Trying to decide on a SWG I was leaning toward the Hayward AQR15 or possibly the CircuPool but just came across the CaliMar Titanium Edition.

This appears to be made by Compu Pool but previous threads had no experience with this one.

There is a difference however: built in flow switch, 3rd entry port which I won't need and overall a better $ value at $675 and the output is 2.25 lb. per day

https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/calimar-cmarsct60-7y-titanium-salt-chlorine-generator/153524p1#qa

https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/Products/Manuals/153524_20155136440.pdf

Thanks for the warning Jason. Yes i just searched CompuPool reviews and don't like what I see on Better Business Bureau and Facebook.

Yes I think I'll be getting the Hayward AQR15. Wish they had a larger cell like other brands have. I would like to run my pump only 6 to 8 hrs max.

I think CircuPool is made by CompuPool. Many members are happy with CircuPool, especially the newest models.

When I asked the company that sells CircuPool why they don't have the newest RJ-60 Plus replacement cells for sale on their website they told me go to CompuPool.

Most of the complaints about CompuPool are related to getting replacement cells.

+1 on both of those, stay clear of the compupool...

the curcpool has been great for the year I have had it :) I know many people have the Hayward and are happy with them also..

CircuPool, has posted on the forum I'm saying they have not been affiliated with Compu pool in many years

In April of 2012, circupool (Don Uhle) said, "Our company, Discount Salt Pool, is the exclusive distributor for CircuPool in the USA. The units are made by Compu Pool in Australia, in business since 1979." But just a few weeks ago he said, "CircuPool products have not been associated in any way with CompuPool since the fall of 2012. As a side note, some of the "look alike" units out there being marketed as "identical to popular CircuPool units" are indeed made by CompuPool and do not have one single common component with the (in my opinion) very reliable, high-quality units that bear the official CircuPool trademark."

Apparently something happened in the summer of 2012 that led to Circupool disassociating from Compupool.

Going back to the original post, it was asserted that the CaliMar SWG "appears to be made by Compu Pool." I would agree that the CaliMar looks a lot like the CompuPool, but that does not mean they are manufactured by them. I was poking around on the Pool Supply Unlimited website. On the compupool replacement cell page, they have separate listings for replacement electrodes made my CompuPool and made be CaliMar. The CaliMar electrodes are less expensive. Maybe they are different companies.

Here is a page for a CaliMar SWG that looks just like a Hayward: CaliMar CFLH40-3 Salt Chlorinator | Inground Pools to 40K My point is, you can't tell by looks alone. I'm not sure it is right to assume they are the same company as CompuPool, which has had numerous problems. Having said that, there does not seem to be a lot of history with the CaliMar SWGs, so if the price was not so attractive, it would be hard to recommend them.

I have a CircuPool unit and have had many problems. I think mine is a Frankenstein cross between CompuPool cell and CircuPool control unit, bought at Discount Salt Pool online and sold as a CircuPool RJ 30. The CompuPool cell housing is garbage, several have cracked and leaked. Having problems with the control unit now, reads over salt all the time and pool water temp at 32 degrees. CircuPools tech support says ignore the red lights and be happy. I am not...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bought mine in November 2012. My cell does have the inverted U configuration which is the CompuPool cracking issue and is clearly labeled CompuPool. I am on my third housing, they last about 1 year. The molded plastic "finger lugs" on electrical conections at cell are no good, can't be used any longer and are loose and would stress wires to the point of breaking. You have to use a small screw driver to gently pry off wires off cell conections to avoid breaking wires. I suspect that has caused several others to have shorting at their connections. Maybe the new cell fixes those issues? Don't know.
My control unit looks the same as CircuPools current and latest RJ model which I am having troubles with now. My control unit is clearly labeled CircuPool. The control unit plastic cover lid splayed out within a year so it wouldn't stay latched closed and the hinges won't hold the cover any longer. It falls to the ground. I had to make a strap to hold the cover on to keep the elements off the touch pad. The touch pad has still faded within two years even though its covered, making several key pad areas faded and unreadable. Now getting erroneous temp readings and high salt red light even though salt is OK. The newer salt cell and configuration of what is being sold with new RJ kits may be great, don't know. The control unit looks the same as mine so I would avoid. I know what my experience has been with this equipment and the control unit and it hasn't been good. Someone else on TFP mentioned why not look at Hayward AQR 15, might be more reliable.

Calimar Titanium Edition is indeed compupool units. I have a CPX series had a cell issue was sent a Calimar TE40G replacement cell. Now having a CPX power supply issue, being sent a Calimar Titanium Edition power supply. When the warrantee is up looking at going with a Hayward aquarite system (AQR15).

I still am considering the CircuPool RJ-60 Plus. I have a few months time to make my decision and several on TFP or getting or considering those for the high output and better quality than the CompuPool systems.

Still wish Hayward would make a larger version other than the commercial units.

With a 15k pool a T-15 cell should be plenty. My first T-15 cell lasted over 7 years. Hayward also now makes a long life version of the T-15.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.