Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How would you aim these returns?

1. Back To Top    #1

How would you aim these returns?

Top and right are just straight shooters. Bottom is eyeball currently facing right but not upwards or down. Pool is about 21000 Gallons I think. Sorry for my fun MS PAINT. I can replace all with eyeballs or whatever else. First year with pool.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: How would you aim these returns?

I would aim the lower one to the right and see how it goes. I would recommend a counterclockwise rotation anyway as the first thing to try. I think there is a chance that the upper left return could now debris past the skimmer if you went clockwise.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: How would you aim these returns?

What I personally would start with, just to see how it goes.... Clockwise, from the skimmer. 9:00, 10:00, 3:00. 2:00, 8:00.

Save some empty plastic water or coke bottles with the caps or buy some ping pong balls and toss them in the pool this weekend and sit and watch with a beer. As long as nothing ends up stuck in a corner, it should skim.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!