Is there such thing as a Niche cover panel???

censored

Silver Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
I think I am going to abandon my light since it is in an obsolete niche and the inner ring is broken. What I am thinking is to clip the cord on both ends but leave it in place to install a new niche and light once we do our plaster job hopefully next year. For now what I would like to find is some kind of universal niche or light cover to go over the hole. I am thinking some kind of vinyl disk that pops in or expands from the inside against the wall of the niche housing. Does such a part exist?

Some niche manufacturers have a "cover" for when the pool gets plastered. It keeps over-spray from getting in to the niche. But it is just flimsy plastic. By no means durable enough for a permanent solution. I doubt if your remodel-er will want to bust out your existing niche to install a new one. He will either want to plaster in a new ring, or put a set screw type (Aladdin, or other of the same type) in after re-plaster. If you go with the set screw type, you could install one now, as it can be removed and re-set/re-used after you do your remodel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.