Greenish Dirt or Algae on bottom of pool

May 18, 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
image.jpgBefore I start, I was unable to properly winterize our pool last year. A mistake I will not be making again! I'm worried about possible damage to the filter, o ring or lateral. Anyway what is happening is we are vacuuming the pool every 3-4 days. Every time, we get the pool floor spotless, and then gradually greenish dirt settles on the bottom. I'm assuming either we have an algae problem or our filter is damaged. Our water tested fine when I tested it earlier.

I'm using the pool kit purchased from this site. The one that includes the plastic carrying case. Our CYA tested to be 30-40. Our chlorine was getting low, plan to add bleach as soon as possible. Our PH was around the ideal range of 7.2 to 7.6. Finally our alkalinity was optimal compared to the pool school stats. This can't be normal to have to vacuum practically every 2 days to clean up this dirt. Any help would be appreciated!

Here is a picture of the problem.
image.jpg

That's a TF100.

If the pool is green you need chlorine. You have big patches of green and blue water so you need to SLAM your pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Whenever one reagent starts to get low, check all the others. Most last for a good amount of time so you shouldn't worry about ordering new ones in advance. Just keep the kit out of the sun and in a cool location. Did you throw those strips out? Hahaha

They have 10% bleach for $2.99 which is a good deal. If you have an Ollies, they are selling 12% for $2.99g right now n once it's sold out, its gone!

Definitely start slamming the pool. Make sure you maintain it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.