Intex Deluxe Wall Mounted Skimmer for Coleman pool

Mar 12, 2016
Topeka Kansas
I have a 16' Coleman ultra frame pool and today I installed the Intex Deluxe Wall Mounted Skimmer to it. Thankfully, all parts work for the Coleman pool, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working. My guess is because my pool has two inputs and one output. The skimmer is only attached to one of the inputs, so it doesn't have a whole lot of suction power. I am considering buying a second skimmer (only $12.99 at Academy Sports) and using the parts to modify the plumbing a bit on the one I have installed. I need to find a T connector to connect to the bottom of the basket so that I can use two hoses instead of just one. Has anyone done this? I have watched videos of the skimmer in action, and you can see the water flowing over the blue floating ring part, pulling debris inside. Mine doesn't do that until I gently push it just below the surface of the water and drop a blade of grass in....

OtwAYx.jpg

Mine works good. I have dual suction inlets but I changed my pump to a Hayward. You could always block off the other inlet hole and just run off of the inlet hole that you have your skimmer connected to ...

How did either of you connect the Intex skimmer to the Coleman inlet hole?
I just did this yesterday. If you pull out one of the inlet plugs, you'll see two small screws on either side. Remove those screws and you can unscrew the dome shaped cover. Then you can screw the blue hose attachment to the inlet plug and put it back into the inlet.

Reactions: kmandeville
Sorry. Brand new and can't find "post new thread" link. I have the wall mounted skimmer and the blue cover just floats on "top" of the water so no water flows across or into
it. I duct taped a rock to it so it sinks enough to let water into the skimmer. Any ideas on a better way to let water flow "into" the skimmer? Thank you.

sidebar: I, too, have the two lower hoses, so almost no suction. What purpose does two lower hoses serve, anyway? If it just means low suction, I will plug one of the hoses or eliminate it completely.

Sorry. Brand new and can't find "post new thread" link. I have the wall mounted skimmer and the blue cover just floats on "top" of the water so no water flows across or into
it. I duct taped a rock to it so it sinks enough to let water into the skimmer. Any ideas on a better way to let water flow "into" the skimmer? Thank you.

sidebar: I, too, have the two lower hoses, so almost no suction. What purpose does two lower hoses serve, anyway? If it just means low suction, I will plug one of the hoses or eliminate it completely.

The reason for dual suction is safety and now required by law in the US. The complaint was that a single suction can be too strong for a child to pull away from if their hair were to get caught in the suction.

As for the skimmer, no need to weigh it down. You want it floating at water level. If you lack suction you can block the 2nd suction or put something in the fitting to reduce the flow. I tried that and didn't like it so I changed both to 1.5" and plugged one and the other is connected to my skimmer.

You have to take apart, unscrew, the filter cover thing that goes in the outlet holes. The cover can come off. There's a small screw on the side. Remove that and you can unscrew the cover and then screw on the skimmer attachment. Same thing works for if you want to use an Intex vaccuum.

How do you connect it? I have a 16x48 coleman. There is nowhere for the adapter to screw on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.