Need help putting in my pool deck umbrellas

Sep 21, 2015
Phoenix, az
Recently we had strong winds and a storm. My pool umbrellas fell out of the pool deck hole. I am not sure how to put them back in?
I've attached pictures of the anchors & pool umbrella. If anyone could help with me getting the umbrellas back into the pool deck I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• 20160517_071332.jpg
    20160517_071332.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 59
  • pole-1.jpg
    pole-1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 59
Recently we had strong winds and a storm. My pool umbrellas fell out of the pool deck hole. I am not sure how to put them back in?
I've attached pictures of the anchors & pool umbrella. If anyone could help with me getting the umbrellas back into the pool deck I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced.

Were the spikes used to adjust teh height of the umbrella in the hole or simply to keep it stabilized (keep it from rattling around as the wind pushed on the umbrella)? Looks like a jury-rigged setup where the spikes probably sandwiched the pole (with their tabs facing outward, of course).

No, you do not need new anchors.

1. Put umbrella in the hole and hold the middle of it [note, make sure the spikes are next to you].
2. Straighten the Umbrella and push in one spike w the curved sides inward: aka, the rounded/elliptical side hugging the shaft of the umbrella [inward]
3. lastly, insert the other spike the same way, but 180 degrees [on the other side] directly opposite of the first spike

PS - when done w umbrella, close it up and apply a tie-strap

No, you do not need new anchors.

1. Put umbrella in the hole and hold the middle of it [note, make sure the spikes are next to you].
2. Straighten the Umbrella and push in one spike w the curved sides inward: aka, the rounded/elliptical side hugging the shaft of the umbrella [inward]
3. lastly, insert the other spike the same way, but 180 degrees [on the other side] directly opposite of the first spike

PS - when done w umbrella, close it up and apply a tie-strap

Thanks. I will try what you just mentioned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.