Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help putting in my pool deck umbrellas

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help putting in my pool deck umbrellas

Recently we had strong winds and a storm. My pool umbrellas fell out of the pool deck hole. I am not sure how to put them back in?
    I've attached pictures of the anchors & pool umbrella. If anyone could help with me getting the umbrellas back into the pool deck I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help putting in my pool deck umbrellas

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMorning View Post
    Recently we had strong winds and a storm. My pool umbrellas fell out of the pool deck hole. I am not sure how to put them back in?
    I've attached pictures of the anchors & pool umbrella. If anyone could help with me getting the umbrellas back into the pool deck I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced.
    Were the spikes used to adjust teh height of the umbrella in the hole or simply to keep it stabilized (keep it from rattling around as the wind pushed on the umbrella)? Looks like a jury-rigged setup where the spikes probably sandwiched the pole (with their tabs facing outward, of course).
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Thats exactly what I was thinking too, Geebot.

Yip
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Geebot View Post
    Were the spikes used to adjust teh height of the umbrella in the hole or simply to keep it stabilized (keep it from rattling around as the wind pushed on the umbrella)? Looks like a jury-rigged setup where the spikes probably sandwiched the pole (with their tabs facing outward, of course).
    I'm not sure?
    What do you suggest? Do I need to buy anchors?

5. Back To Top    #5

No, you do not need new anchors.

1. Put umbrella in the hole and hold the middle of it [note, make sure the spikes are next to you].
    2. Straighten the Umbrella and push in one spike w the curved sides inward: aka, the rounded/elliptical side hugging the shaft of the umbrella [inward]
    3. lastly, insert the other spike the same way, but 180 degrees [on the other side] directly opposite of the first spike

PS - when done w umbrella, close it up and apply a tie-strap
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

6. Back To Top    #6

can't you just re-use those spikes? Lift umbrella up and place in hole. Use spikes to wedge against umbrella pole so that it doesn't move about.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by tstex View Post
    No, you do not need new anchors.

1. Put umbrella in the hole and hold the middle of it [note, make sure the spikes are next to you].
    2. Straighten the Umbrella and push in one spike w the curved sides inward: aka, the rounded/elliptical side hugging the shaft of the umbrella [inward]
    3. lastly, insert the other spike the same way, but 180 degrees [on the other side] directly opposite of the first spike

PS - when done w umbrella, close it up and apply a tie-strap
    Thanks. I will try what you just mentioned.