Skimmer socks.....

Exactly. I live out in the country a bit outside SA. When I cut the grass and weeds on my property I get all kinds of junk on the water - especially if it's windy. We also get lots of small gnats, flying ants, etc. The paint strainer netting does superb. Very few get past the skimmer sock to the main filter.

I use the skimmer socks sold specifically for pools. Makes a huge difference in saving my filter from all the pollen and other schmutz that gets caught in the sock. Skippy :batman: just rinses them out and puts them back in every day or two...or three... y'know?

Some folks use reusable paint strainers. Others use disposable hair nets which are fairly cheap but I wouldn't want to add more non-biodegradable waste to the landfills.

Yippee :flower:

I live in San Antonio, and I started using them on my two skimmers last week. They work great! Amazing all the junk that has been going to my filter. I agree with Splash that I will only run my filter with them on.

I use them here in NJ only this time of year when the pollen is out of control. I remove and rinse them daily and 1 per skimmer lasts the season and then some.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.