Pebble plaster trouble in WEEK OLD POOL

OK......seen a couple of brownish/light rusty spots close to each other in the same area AND have about a nickel/quarter size (width) "hole" where the plaster "disappeared" (maybe an 1/8-1/4 inch in depth)..........what should i expect them to say AND do to repair......thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

they are coming in today to inspect

Rarely there is a pebble in the mix that is not a not a pebble and can make a rust spot. We had one last year. PB dug it out and put some epoxy in the hole.

ok......REALLY weird....the SPOTS disappeared, but reappeared elsewhere.......the people at the forbidden place on this site (Leslie's-I ONLY went there because I HAD to get a vacuum hose) say that my PB shouldn't be using tablets on a new pool just yet....said the spots were because of stressing plaster to early with chlorine....ANY IDEAS?

- - - Updated - - -

*recent spots

Tablets are far less harsh on new plaster than liquid chlorine would be since there really isn't an accurate way to measure very low levels of liquid chlorine (<1) additions. What they are telling you is simply not correct.

Tablets release chlorine and CYA very slowly. Any chlorine added is also somewhat buffered by the CYA that is also slowly being added. Had liquid chlorine been added to 2-3 ppm, that would be far more harsh since there isn't an adequate amount of CYA to buffer the strength. With that said, 3ppm of chlorine will not cause rust stains to magically appear, disappear and reappear elsewhere. You have something else going on.

What happens when you brush the spots?

Crush a vitamin C tablet and rub it on a stain, what happens?

What are the current test results? Are you responsible for maintaining the pool?

Did you have any rust spots on the gunite prior to plaster?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, when they filled the pool, did they just throw water hoses in or float the metal ends of the hoses?

Most hose fittings are brass or some sort of deivative that will not rust is the short time the hose was actually in the pool. Additionally, pebble finishes are allowed to cure for 24 hours and then acid washed before filling so the surface is hard enough that a hose fitting will not cause damage.

Just found out that the most recent stains are coming from something flying in the air.....deck had the same stains on it (stems from some reeeeeaaaaallllly small debris dark in color-from some form of landscape)....fell in pool as well and stained it....PB was there cleaning and took them off with powder chlorine....this ONE TIME.....should I practice this for the next time? Other solvent and/or solutions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.