Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robot that will clean steps and ledges in fiberglass pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Robot that will clean steps and ledges in fiberglass pool

Good Morning...I received a private label (Millenium XE) electric pool cleaner made by Aquabot as a promotional freebie with my pool when I installed it late last summer. I am not happy with it because it does not clean the 2' bench that runs the entire 40 foot length of my pool, the grab ledge that surrounds the entire perimeter or the steps. I would appreciate any recommendations for an electric pool cleaner that would clean the bench, stairs and ledge. I have a Leisure Pools Grande 40 model which is 16' x 40' rectangular fiberglass pool. Thank you for your time.
    20K gal, IG fiberglass installed 8/25/15, Pentair Intelliflo 3 HP variable speed pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48sf DE filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Aqua Comfort ACT-1250 Heat Pump, 3 S.R. Smith Pal Treo Lights with WPC1, S.R. Smith Turbo Twister Slide, S.R. Smith Swim N' Dunk Salt Friendly Challenge Basketball Game, Aquabot Millenium XE robotic cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit and K-1766 Salt Water Test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Robot that will clean steps and ledges in fiberglass pool

I am not aware of any electric robot that successfully navigates on ledges and stairs.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the same problem- a ledge runs the length of my fiberglass pool. I've never found anything out there that will climb the ledge and move on. Darn it.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks to you both.
    @YippeeSkippy: What kind of manual vacuum head do you use? The triangle one I got from the pool builder didn't seem to work well so we got a long weighted rectangular one from Home Depot and that didn't seem any better. Perhaps we are doing something wrong? I have a 3HP pump so I did not expect to have such a hard time getting the pool clean. Thanks again.

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't use those big tubed vacuum heads anymore. We only need to use the small PoolBlaster Max vacuum since we have an auto cover and don't get much debris in the pool.

I just wanted a robot that would climb walls to brush them so that we didn't have to do the brushing.

Are you turning valves to increase the suction at the skimmer while you vacuum? That might help you.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain