Using advice offered in another thread, I'm now considering a solar blanket for our pool. Here's my tentative plan so far, please offer any suggestions.
1) Create 6X6 squares with PVC.
2) Cut solar blanket material to fit the square.
3) Put grommets around edge of solar blanket.
4) Attach solar blanket to PVC with plastic zip ties.
Our pool is 18 X 36 so I'd need 18 squares to cover pool.
I don't care about the cost, or labor of construction.
I am somewhat concerned about having to move 36 squares on and off the pool twice a day. It boils down to how much of a temperature boost I can get from a solar blanket. I could use help estimating that benefit. A five degree boost sounds worth it, a 2 degree boost seems too small to merit a new daily chore.
1) Please help estimate temperature boost. What info should I provide?
2) Where do I get solar blanket material? What kind etc? Know nothing about this.
3) Has anybody here put grommets in a solar blanket?
4) Feel free to suggest alternate plans.