Corrosion on pool wall--Question

lbrn

May 3, 2015
Thomasville, NC
We have owned our pool for 5 years. This is our 6th summer. We used Soft Swim from BioGuard for the first four summers and it costed us a fortune so last year we switched to SWG and love it. The question I have is related to the return in the pool wall. We had a little minor drip down the pool wall for a few summers and did not fix it. It did leak last year with the SWG. This year we did put in a new return, and there is some corrosion around it. It's not bad, but will that eventually eat through the wall and cause a flood in our yard? I was not really worried about it until I saw a review on a SWG where a guy said his pool wall was eaten up by the salt. I assume he also had some kind of leak. What should we do about this? I put the new return in myself and the metal is not brittle, it's just corroded on the outside right around the return. It isn't rusted down the whole wall. I'm at work now, so I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.
Thanks for any help

It will not be pretty but the best way is to sand down to non rusted/corroded metal and paint with an outdoor rust proof paint.. You can get close depending on what your pool design is... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.