Fire pits and pools

April, We just bought one, I have it about 40 feet away, not sure if that is to close or not :) we will find out..

Up. Not sure why anyone would ever have the holes facing down. Maybe, I'm missing something.

I agree, I told them to install them up and the PB owner kept telling me it was the wrong way to do it. They installed them down. The flame stinks and you need to turn the gas up a lot more than I think you would if the holes were up.

I tried to flip the fire ring around however the threaded hole on the other side is larger. Now I think I need to buy a new ring. Wasn't happy with this. I also requested a stainless ring and did not get that as I was told that is not what he was including in the original bid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have 2 wood burning fireplaces by my pool. The older one is 12 feet from my pool under cover. Never had an issue. My new one is huge but 20 feet away under cover also. So that won’t be an issue.

Ours will probably be about 12-14 feet away, BUT from a vinyl above ground. It didn't dawn on me until recently that it could be a problem. I guess we will have to come up with some type of screen to put over it in case the wind picks up or something. Otherwise, I think it will be OK.

We've had a fire pit as close as 7 feet stone the above ground pool with no issues. Current pit is about 10 feet away. I wouldn't worry about it unless you burn cedar which will spew chunks out far more than other woods.

Ashes are no more of an issue than leaves or bugs if you have a skimmer.

Up. Not sure why anyone would ever have the holes facing down. Maybe, I'm missing something.
The only reason I've ever heard for an upside down fire ring was to keep the holes from getting plugged up with ashes/debris if using it to burn wood.
Not sure if that's really an issue or not.
We just have a wussy gas fire table that we sit around...lava rock topped with decorative glass beads.

Firepits are AWESOME. We use ours all the time. Pretty close to the spa, not sure how many feet.

Holes pointed up for sure, just replaced the ring with a SS one since I think I had the some idiot build mine without a SS ring that rusted out. 107169

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.