Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fire pits and pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Fire pits and pools

Who has a fire pit ? How far from your pool? Is it safe to have one with AGP vinyl liner?
    Thanks
    april
    10,400k, AG 21 round, 1.0HP Waterway pump cartridge filter. TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Fire pits and pools

April, We just bought one, I have it about 40 feet away, not sure if that is to close or not we will find out..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Our fire pit is about 8 feet from the pool and so far, no issues. Some of the ash makes it way into the pool depending on wind, but nothing that would burn the liner or anything.
    Outback Southport GLX AGP (18' round - 7,180 gal.)
    Hayward Vari-Flo XL Multivalve
    Hayward Dream Line Sand Filter (150 lb.)
    TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

8ft away
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a natural gas built in firepit about 5 feet away from the negative edge wall of my pool. No issues. Get a firepit, I love ours!
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

I was always afraid to have it in the backyard. Might do something more permanent now... thanks for the info.
    10,400k, AG 21 round, 1.0HP Waterway pump cartridge filter. TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Ocgasman View Post
    I have a natural gas built in firepit about 5 feet away from the negative edge wall of my pool. No issues. Get a firepit, I love ours!
    Is your fire ring holes facing up or down? Mine is facing down and I think it would have been better if facing up.
    30,000 Gallon Pool IG (Pool 18' X 38' / Spa 7' X 7') - Pentair IC40 SWG - (1) Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST Pump - Pentair DE FNS-Plus 60 Filter - Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater - Pentair Easytouch 8 - Pentair Electronic valves - Pentair 5G Color LED Pool/Spa Lights - Pebble Sheen Mini Tahoe Blue - Auto Fill/Over Flow - Taylor K-2006C - Completion 3/2016.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by eostrike View Post
    Is your fire ring holes facing up or down? Mine is facing down and I think it would have been better if facing up.
    Up. Not sure why anyone would ever have the holes facing down. Maybe, I'm missing something.
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Fire pits and pools

Quote Originally Posted by Ocgasman View Post
    Up. Not sure why anyone would ever have the holes facing down. Maybe, I'm missing something.
    I agree, I told them to install them up and the PB owner kept telling me it was the wrong way to do it. They installed them down. The flame stinks and you need to turn the gas up a lot more than I think you would if the holes were up.

I tried to flip the fire ring around however the threaded hole on the other side is larger. Now I think I need to buy a new ring. Wasn't happy with this. I also requested a stainless ring and did not get that as I was told that is not what he was including in the original bid.
    30,000 Gallon Pool IG (Pool 18' X 38' / Spa 7' X 7') - Pentair IC40 SWG - (1) Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST Pump - Pentair DE FNS-Plus 60 Filter - Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater - Pentair Easytouch 8 - Pentair Electronic valves - Pentair 5G Color LED Pool/Spa Lights - Pebble Sheen Mini Tahoe Blue - Auto Fill/Over Flow - Taylor K-2006C - Completion 3/2016.

10. Back To Top    #10

18x38 Inground Liner (25k gal) Paver surround, multi-speed pump, DE Filter, Raised spill over spa, TF-100