Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Leaking Discharge..tried tape, dope, new pipe...help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Pentair Leaking Discharge..tried tape, dope, new pipe...help!

Hi,

The discharge port on the pump is leaking from the joint connection... I've replaced the male adapter, tried 2 different versions of Teflon tape, tried pipe dope substitute... the pipe dope substitute held for a day or two.. it is now leaking again.

I am not sure if it's me or just the connection itself???

Other things to note: when the pump is on the filter gague shows 20 psi and in backwash mode it is 15 psi. There does not appear to be leaking elsewhere. Only at the moment when I shut the pump off, a couple water drops shoot out of the input line connection seal (orange thread in pic) going into the pump.. I think that may be from the pressure.. it doesn't leak from this spot while the pump is running...

Any suggestions?

I disconnected the discharge adapter and resealed it with dope, will test it again. I've attached pictures.[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pentair Leaking Discharge..tried tape, dope, new pipe...help!

here ya go, they work great on both suction and pressure side of the pump, same with the filter

Custom Molded Products Union 1.5 Slip - 21063-164-000 - INYOPools.com
    1.5 inch to 2

Custom Molded Products Union 1.5 Slip - 21063-154-000 - INYOPools.com
    1.5 to 1.5

Waterway SWIVEL UNION, 2 SLIP (400-4480) - INYOPools.com
    2 inch to 2
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair Leaking Discharge..tried tape, dope, new pipe...help!

Thank you. I would need the 2" to 2" and with shippino to Toronto, Ontario, Canada it is about $75.00 Canadian for 1... wondering if you anyone knows of a Canadian supplier of these adapters? I've got the simple screw and turn ones that don't have o rings from home Depot, lowes, etc. But they don't carry any of these kinds of fancy ones.. I may have to bite the bullet and pay for the shipping in the end.