columbia station / OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
My pool has been open for a few weeks with no problems. I noticed the pool was a bit cloudy and burning through more bleach than anticipated. At the point I have had 0 fc readings twice. I am headed to the store for some bleach and plan to add just after sunset, test in 30 min, then see what happens overnight. Is there anything I should be watching out for? FC 0, CC 0, TA 90, PH 7.5, CH 40, CY 40

I would get FC up to 10 and do an OCLT. Minimum FC for 40 CYA is 3, which you have fallen below twice. There is probably algae in there!

Thanks. I filed the feeder this morning because I ran out of liquid chlorine, turned it up, and ran the pumps most of the day. I will am emptying now so the OCLT is accurate. Why 10ppm target if shock level on pool math chart is 16?

There has been debate about how high the FC needs to be for an OCLT. Since you have dropped to zero FC twice, you probably need to take it to your 16 shock level anyway. Whether you do an OCLT tonight is your call, but since it is cloudy, my guess is that you are in slam mode. If it were my pool, I would take it to 16 and see where it is in the morning.

You're already cloudy and in the process of a bloom. Slam the pool now and always make sure you have enough chlorine to feed the pool. When you get down to 2-3 jus of bleach, go buy more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.